The PADI Self-Reliant Diver Course with AQUASUB SCUBA DIVING CENTER
Also referred to as the SOLO diving course, this course will help you refine your critical skills and learn to manage your dives indepenent of your dive buddy to increase your margins of safety and fun on all dives.
The Fun Part
Learn advanced diving skills that will help you moderate risk when diving with an unskilled buddy or when diving independently while remaining withing no-decompression recreational limits.
What You Learn
- Diving with redundant systems in place and how to properly rig and carry redundant air systems
- Calculate an accurate gas consumption rate
- Essential gas management skills to safely manage your bottom times
- Increased your skills with proper DSMB rigging and deployment from any depth
- Refine your navigational skills
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact AQUASUB SCUBA DIVING CENTER.
- Advanced Open Water Diver certifcation
- 18 years of age or older
- Minimum 100 logged dives
- Complete a skills assessment with the Self-Reliant Instructor
- Standard Dive Equipment plus ...
- DSMB or Lift Bag with 30m / 100 ft of line
- Redundant Gas Supply (pony cylinder, isolated twins, sidemount configuration, H-Valve
- Redundant depth gauge and bottom timer or dive computer
- Redundant surface signalling devices (both visual and audible)
- Redundant cutting tools (knife, shears, line cutter)
- Slate and Pencil
- Back-up Mask
- PART ONE: Two hour classroom session and equipment orientation and preparation
- PART TWO: Pool session for skills evaluation and equipment familiarization
- PART THREE: Three Open Water water dives
Your Next Adventure
Successful PADI Self-Reliant Divers are primed to begin the PADI Tec-Rec Tec 40 course - the essential intro to the world of technical diving and accelerated off-gassing with mixes of up to 50% oxygen for limited decompression.
- Contact us to take the Self-Reliant Diver course.
- Ask a Scuba Expert
- Learn about the Specialty of the Month
- View the Most Popular PADI Specialty Courses
- Take the Master Scuba Diver Challenge
- Download a scuba medical questionnaire (PDF)
*Course fees are for instruction only and do not include any equipment rentals necessary for divers to meet the course equipment requirements.
Self-reliant Diver $450.00